Did you know that most of the data breaches reported are related to unstructured data?
Several companies may be well on the way to define how to handle GDPR compliance for structured data. But many companies still haven't come up with a good way to handle GDPR compliance for unstructured data. The white paper provides the main information about unstructured data and the Xenit solution to manage documents under the regulation.
To make this very tangible, here the 7 challenges for securing your company’s documents.
1. First, how do you know what documents to protect? How do you know they contain personal data?
2. Secondly, you have to adequately protect these documents.
3. Then, there is the aspect of responsibility: organisations must prove that they process personal data in a responsible way. And they need prove of having a legitimate purpose or consent to hold the document.
4. If data are on a portable device and it is important to work offline, how can this be protected?
5. And if something has gone wrong? How to know what data have been lost or stolen?
6. Personal data cannot be kept longer than necessary, or must be removed after a legitimate demand to be forgotten.
7. Sometimes it is needed to share documents with another party. How will you know who you have shared the document with and for what legitimate reason? And how to inform the 3rd party of a request to be forgotten?